FROM ASAMER TO ALAS BAUSTOFF-HOLDING

A look at our company history

1959
FOUNDING AND EXPANSION INTO EASTERN AUSTRIA

ASAMER was founded in 1959 by Hans Asamer Senior. During the reconstruction of Austria after the Second World War, ASAMER became the country’s leading construction material company and in the following years it began to expand into the East of Austria (Vienna and Lower Austria).

1983
EXPANSION ABROAD

In the eighties, the first activities abroad began: in cooperation with a regional partner in Riyadh in Saudi Arabia, the ASAMER group founded Al Falwa, one of the first joint ventures with an Austrian company. In the meantime, Al Falwa became one of the leading concrete production companies in Saudi Arabia, providing high-quality concrete for projects such as the construction of the Al Faisaliah Tower. Over the years, Al Falwa has produced 20 million m3 of concrete.

1990
MARKET LEADER IN THE CEE COUNTRIES

After the fall of the Iron Curtain, the ASAMER group became strongly active in Central and Eastern Europe, becoming the market leader in the CEE countries around Austria.

2008
DEVELOPMENT OF THE MARKETS IN THE MIDDLE EAST

As well as in Central and Eastern Europe, new markets were developed in the Middle East (Emirates and Libya). Numerous prestigious projects were carried out by ASAMER.

2014
ALAS BECOMES ACTIVE IN SLOVAKIA, POLAND AND UKRAINE

Under the management of a consortium led by Andreas Asamer, several business premises were purchased in four countries by means of a family buy-out by ALAS. Several European subsidiaries of ASAMER were bought during a management buy-out and are now directed as ALAS by Andreas Asamer, one of the previous owners of the ASAMER group. ALAS applies its expertise in Slovakia, Poland, Croatia and Ukraine.